Water demand in Asia alone is predicted to rise 55 percent by 2030, with 70 percent of the continent’s freshwater consumption going to agricultural production. In Taiwan and in the rest of the Asia-Pacific region, there is a growing attention for Nature Based Solutions (NBS) to leverage nature and to protect, sustainably manage and restore ecosystems. At the same time, information and data- driven service is getting more essential at water management in the digital era than ever. This offers many opportunities for the Dutch water sector!
From 22 till 26 October this year, Taiwan is host to the 9th International Water Association ASPIRE Conference and Exhibition. The Conference and Exhibition is an international, collaborative cross-sector platform in providing an innovative and comprehensive overview of the latest solutions for water management. Dutch’s expertise on Nature Based Solution (NBS) is one of highlights the Conference this year with two Dutch keynote speakers, Mr. Dennis van Peppen from RVO and Mr. Erik van Eekelen from Ecoshape.
NL Lounge at the 9th IWA-ASPIRE Conference and Exhibition 2023
NLOT and RVO are organizing a NL-lounge at the exhibition hall alongside the conference to showcase Dutch expertise of water! We welcome your participation to the lounge from 22-26 October. Joining the NL lounge offers you the following benefits:
- Opportunity to connect with members of the International Water Association (IWA), a leading network and global knowledge hub for all water professionals and anyone committed to the future of water.
- Inspiration by views and opinions from around the world with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region.
- Participation to collective visits (to be planned upon the confirmation of Dutch companies)
- Roundtable meetings with relevant Taiwanese stakeholders on 23 Oct.
- Exposure on Taiwan-Netherlands Water Conference on 24 Oct.
- Promotion of your company and visibility (Video, DMs, Logo) through NL lounge at IWA conference
- Matchmaking meetings with visitors
- Free of charge participation at lounge and program
How to participate
Thanks to the support from the Dutch government, the participation costs per company are only the travel and accommodation at your own costs. If you are not able to travel to Taiwan, you are more than welcome to send your company’s video clips or brochures to the exhibition hall for display. If you are interested in participating or would like to have more information, please contact Cindy Chang or Laisy Deng.
Read more about business opportunities in Taiwan!
In 2020, RVO and the Netherlands Office Taipei (NLOT) commissioned a market report to investigate the business opportunities in Taiwan. The report identified concrete business opportunities for cooperation on tackling water-related challenges, promising topics for the Dutch water sector and recommendation on suitable approaches to enter the Taiwanese market. Among the topics, natured based solution (NBS) embedded in hydraulic engineering has been shown with potential opportunity in Taiwan. Building with nature in coastal protection, river basin management, and flood reduction has become an important approach to secure water safety in the Netherlands, too. To lean more information on the report, please check the RVO-website.